Thursday, January 21, 2010

The posts that aren't ... this week.

It's Thursday, my day to blog.

I've travelled 160kms today (by car and by ferry), I am so exhausted I can barely type straight, the clock on my laptop tells me it's 10.15pm, and I have to admit defeat - there will be no writerly post from me today.

But what I can give you are a few snaps of the views I've been soaking up for the past eight days.

The family and I arrived home a few hours ago from eight days on Kangaroo Island, off the coast of South Australia; these photos were taken from the holiday house we stayed in.

I really, truly, intended to work on a post while I was away, but as you can see, I was more than a little distracted ...


The view to the west ...

To the east ...


To the north ...


A little more of the east ...

And what I saw while I sipped my first cup of tea each day...


Breathtaking.

And while I'm being a complete slacker, I'll also have to beg a week's leeway to work on the next installment of our serial, A Kill in Time (especially as I haven't had the chance to read Kristen's chapter yet! LOL). So, stay tuned for Friday next week ... and tomorrow, I'll have a few more purty pictures, and maybe rustle up a few thoughts on writing. But no promises. (g)

2 comments:

  1. Those photos are insanely gorgeous! I got a good chuckle out the "bonding" one in the above post, too. My kids "bond" frequently ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo jealous... of the sun and sand, mainly. Would you believe it`s raining here - I can`t even complain that it`s cold!

    ReplyDelete